Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bugs and Blooms April 15



Hi. I decided that I should post some of the things "blooming" in my garden this month. It is funny because I didn't have a blog last year, but I did take photos on the 15th. For other blooms and blogs from April you should go to May Dreams Gardens: Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - April 2008. As I was getting my photos I spotted the little guy above.

The first is my favorite of the moment, a purple colored crocus. I think the yellow pollen is a nice contrast, especially in the full-sized version.



Next, more crocus -- hey it is North Dakota in April. Two different yellow varieties and a white. I noticed the first bloom of the back yard is also forming (the rest are in the front). I think that the crocus are behind some this year. Last year there were more blooming on this day.




Here are some tulips still growing up. They look ahead of last year. I like the color of the red one.



Hyacinth buds are just coming up.



Also some Allium in the back.



A representative of the rest of the garden is this fern from last season. Give the garden a week or two and it should waken more.

3 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog and for joining in for bloom day! I think you are the first gardener from North Dakota to post your blooms.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

ChrisND said...

Thanks for the comments!

I thought in the Spring bugs must count as blooms too.

First in North Dakota, cool.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The crocus is beautiful and I see lots of promise of more color in your garden.

The ladybeetle is sure a sign of spring.