Saturday, April 26, 2008

No Comment



Okay, actually I have comments! We got 8.5" and the temperature is to be in the mid to low 20s (F) tonight. Good news is that it shouldn't last long and thaw out next week. The bad news, I have to wait to see how my seedlings outside have fared. Here's some progressions from (04-23-2008, 04-25-2008, 04-26-2008) that is Wednesday, Friday evening, and today - Saturday.

Chives looking good on Wednesday.


The snow started Friday night.


Today. The chives are there, see?


I was just getting ready to post my proud pictures of peas sprouting and that Spring is looking good.

Here's the seedlings, good things they're small.


There were coming in nicely on Wednesday.


Aww, so cute poking above the snow Friday.


Umm, they're under there somewhere (Saturday).


One more progression to prove I did have things growing...

Here's the sugar snaps, kohlrabi, and radishes.


Closer look, sugar snaps are here.


Kohlrabi is there.


Today (Saturday) they're under there.


So, I hear that peas, lettuce, spinach, and such are cold hardy. I'm glad because it will be cold a few days. I think that the snow may help to insulate things and the plants probably knew what they were doing. They didn't grow a lot yet, so I think that's also to their advantage. I think they were waiting for some sunny, warm days before really taking off.

Oh yeah and the tulips :-)


PS: Snow images seem to take up much less disk space. So much uniform white!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, bummer...this makes me glad I don't live in N.Dak. anymore. :-)
Here's hoping everything is fine under all that snow....

ChrisND said...

Yeah, I guess we had a record April. Things look great now. Your 1st Anniversary of "Notes from a Cottage Garden" sure did have some nice spring pics. Maybe in a few weeks we will catch up! :-)

Sarah said...

How are things doing now?